In 1928, the Interior Department was in the
Carl von Noorden-Klinik, today Sachsenhausen Hospital, opened. Since then, we are there for you when it comes to your heart. Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease - this is what our experienced and highly qualified team of therapists, including cardiologists, diabetologists, radiologists, nutritionists, physiotherapists and nurses, offers you
We ensure the optimal medical-technical but also personal treatment and care of our patients with acute and chronic cardiovascular diseases.
The combination of modern non-invasive and invasive cardiology diagnostics and therapy in the Department of Internal Medicine allows us to provide comprehensive 24/7 care and treatment
Treatment of our patients.
In the Department of Cardiology, the focus of treatment is on the diagnosis and therapy of cardiovascular diseases, e.g. Cardiac insufficiency (heart failure), coronary heart disease, cardiac arrhythmia and diseases of the heart valves. In addition to all regular examinations, we offer state-of-the-art invasive as well as non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic options.
Diagnostic and treatment services of interventional cardiology:
- Heart failure (heart failure)
- Circulatory disorder of the heart muscle / myocardial infarction
- (Coronary heart disease)
- Diseases of the heart valves
- Heart ultrasound (echocardiography) if necessary with representation
- of the heart from the esophagus (TEE) and
- 3D echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography
- Exercise ECG
- Long-term blood pressure measurement
- Tilt table testing
- Color duplex sonography of the vessels
- X-ray procedures(Cardiac CT, cardiac MRI, myocardial scintigraphy, etc.)
Invasive and interventional cardiology:
- Right heart catheterization
- Left heart catheterization
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (balloon dilation of the coronary arteries)
- Closures of defects of the heart septum (open foramen ovale / PFO, ASD)
- Pacemaker implantation
- Electric cardioversion
- Cardiac computed tomography (cardiac CT)
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (cardiac MRI)
- myocardial scintigraphy
The emergency treatment of cardiac patients is professionally possible with us. At our specialist Chest Pain Unit, we provide patients with acute cardiac disorders, such as those with chest pain and suspected heart attacks. Heart attack or angina pectoris. Together with the cooperating cardiology Frankfurt-Sachsenhausen practice, we offer cardiac catheter diagnostics and therapy around the clock.
Chest Pain Unit - Quick help with cardiac emergencies
The certified chest pain unit is a special facility in the Sachsenhausen hospital, where around the clock a rapid and standardized diagnosis and therapy of cardiac emergencies (eg heart attack, life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias, pulmonary embolism, blood pressure derailment, etc.) takes place.
If you have questions about our treatment offers in cardiology at our hospital, do not hesitate to contact us.