More than 115 years later, diabetes therapy at the Sachsenhausen hospital is still one of the most renowned in the Rhine-Main area. Treatments are offered with different emphases, which are intended to provide the affected persons with support, especially for their everyday life. So there is a department for inpatient treatment of acute diabetic and endocrinological problems in particular, but also a training center where sufferers are trained in practice and everyday life in the treatment of their disease. The aim is always to give those affected the ability to help themselves.
Station for structured diabetes therapy A3
11-day training courses on the different forms of diabetes mellitus will be held at this ward. In addition, 5-day intensive courses are offered several times a year. The courses each consist of a maximum of eleven participants and are supervised by a team of diabetes specialists.
- for type 1 diabetes with intensified insulin therapy (ICT)
- for type 1 diabetes with insulin pump therapy (CSII)
- for type 2 diabetes with insulin and / or oral medication
The station looks after a large number of insulin pump carriers on an outpatient and inpatient basis; all common insulin pumps are available here. In addition, there is the possibility for continuous glucose measurement.
Contents of the courses:
- Diet, meals and menus in theory and practice
- Individual nutritional analysis
- Diabetes mellitus during leisure and sports (excursions, restaurant visits, exercise therapy)
- Relationships of carbohydrates, activity and insulin amount
- Medical check-up, if necessary check-ups with neurologists, nephrologists or ophthalmologists
- In type 1 diabetics, intensified insulin therapy is discussed on a daily basis with regard to:
- Sporting activities
- changed mealtimes
- basal insulin supply
- syringe Training
- Processing of diabetes-specific fears (syringe anxiety, acceptance problems, fear of the future)
- Type 2 diabetics: Intensive training on lifestyle change
- Self-responsibility in everyday life
- Weight-reducing diets
- fat points account
- Diets with low glycemic index
Modified carbohydrate tag after Carl von Noorden
In addition, a "follow-up appointment" is offered to reflect on the everyday situation and to adjust the therapy if necessary.
Clinical Station for Diabetology and Endocrinology
Patients with the first onset diabetes type 1 or type 2, as well as patients with a metabolic imbalance of known diabetes, are treated by a multiprofessional team. Depending on your needs, it is adjusted with insulin and tablets, but also with dietary adjustments and exercise therapies.
Further treatment indications are:
- Diabetic foot syndrome
- Strong metabolic fluctuations with / without hypo-perceptual disorder
- Diabetes with physical limitations (after stroke) and other secondary diseases
- diabetic neuropathy (nervous disorder)
- diabetic nephropathy (kidney disease)
- Diabetes with heart disease and circulatory disorders
- Diabetes with circulatory disorders
- Diabetes with insulin resistance
In severe metabolic disorders, such as diabetic coma, diabetic ketoacidosis, severe infections (eg, pneumonia) and cardiovascular diseases (eg, heart attack), the treatment is carried out in our modern intensive care unit in cooperation with the appropriate specialists.
Also this year, the diabetology at Sachsenhauen Hospital was awarded the coveted Focus seal.
Also this year, the diabetology at Sachsenhauen Hospital was awarded the coveted Focus seal. In addition to the Focus seal, the Sachsenhausen hospital is listed in the Focus clinic list as one of the best treatment facilities for diabetes in Germany.
This year, the clinic was also honored for its outpatient and inpatient treatment structures for patients affected by diabetic foot syndrome
If you have questions about our treatment offers in diabetology at our hospital, do not hesitate to contact us.