The department of surgery is headed by Dr. med. Plamen Staikov.
We offer a wide range of services in the fields of classical surgery, tumor surgery, traumatology and orthopaedic surgery, proctology and endocrine surgery. We prefer minimally invasive techniques during the surgery.
Range of Surgical Services at the Clinic
General, Visceral and Cancer Surgery:
- All gastric, intestinal and gallbladder surgeries
- Surgeries on the liver, pancreas, esophagus
- Cancer Surgery:
- surgery for tumors in the lower esophageal sphincter, small intestine, large intestine, rectal, anal, peritoneal, gallbladder, spleen, diaphragm and adrenal glands tumors,
- esophageal, pancreatic, segmental or bilateral liver tumors, resection of the tail of the pancreas,
- GIST tumors, mesenchymal tumors, tumors of the skin and soft tissues.
Obesity Surgical Treatment Center (Bariatric Surgery)
- Counseling for the possible surgical treatment of obesity
- Surgical treatment of obesity and type 2 diabetes, gastric bypass, longitudinal gastric resection, biliopancreatic diversion, a gastric balloon, revision surgery
- Interdisciplinary approach (internists, endocrinologists, diabetologists, cardiologists, orthopedists, sleep laboratory).
Hernial Repair Surgery
- Surgical repair of groin, femoral, umbilical, incisional hernia, recurrent hernia, parastomal hernia, hiatal hernia, abdominal wall hernia
Reflux Surgical Treatment Center
- Conservative and surgical treatment by an interdisciplinary team
- Linx, EndoStim, fundoplication, established methods of reflux surgical treatment
- Thyroidectomy, parathyroidectomy, laparoscopic adrenalectomy, LONGO procedures, fistulas, incontinence
- Kiphoplasty, amputations, interventions for orthopaedic spinal disorders
About the Main Thing in Brief
The Department of Bariatric Surgery (Obesity Surgery) is one of the leading institutions in Germany. We provide all modern surgical diagnostic and treatment techniques, revision procedures and gastric balloon and endobarrier treatment. Our team of surgeons, endocrinologists, psychologists and nutritionists will help you before, during and after surgery. In addition, we have developed a program of non-surgical treatment in cooperation with the MEDIPARG physiotherapeutic agent, which we can discuss with you if desired.
Laparoscopic surgery (minimally invasive surgery) is highly developed at our clinic and it is used most often. In addition to all gastric, intestinal and gallbladder surgeries, the team of doctors also performs surgical interventions in case of abdominal wall injuries and removal of tumors with the help of this technique which is considerably less stressful for patients as opposed to classical surgery. Our modern surgical facility, intensive therapy unit and observation unit provide a complete base for performing complicated surgical procedures at the highest level of patient safety.
Endoprosthetics (joint replacement), as well as surgical treatment for spinal fractures, is a traditional practice at our clinic. We also prefer minimally invasive procedures in traumatology and orthopaedic surgery. Our staff is at your disposal 24 hours in emergency situations.